18 minutes ago 112 Shares Prince Philip Will Not Face Prosecution Following Car Accident Thu Feb 14 2019 11:01:29 GMT+0000 (GMT) Thu Feb 14 2019 11:12:59 GMT+0000 (GMT) Jess Hardiman Jess Hardiman in News Powered by HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, will not face prosecution following his recent car accident, the Crown Prosecution…
HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, will not face prosecution followinghis recent car accident, the Crown Prosecution Service has confirmed.
The incident took place last month near the Queen’sSandringhamEstate in Norfolk, where the Duke’s Land Rover Freelander landed on its side after a collision with a Kia.
While Philip was shaken but uninjured, two people who were in the other car were taken to hospital, where they were treated for minor injuries and later discharged.
After the incident, a statement from Norfolk Police read:“The driver of the Kia, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee while the passenger, a 45-year-old woman, sustained a broken wrist.
“Both casualties were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn (irony) and were discharged last night. Police can also confirm a nine-month-old baby boy was in the Kia at the time of the incident and was uninjured.
“The driver of theLand Rover, a 97-year-old man, was uninjured.Both drivers were breath tested and provided negative readings.”
Prince Philip’s Land Rover crashed into another car near Sandringham. Credit: PA
One of the women involved in the crash,Emma Fairweather, claimed to have suffered a broken wrist due to the accident.
She told the Sunday Mirror said she hadn’t received any apology from the Royal Family, only a bizarre statement from a police liaison officer that read: “The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you.”
“That’s not an apology, it didn’t even make sense,” she said.
“I love the royals but I’ve been ignored and rejected, and I’m in a lot of pain. It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he’s sorry at all.
“What would it have taken for him and the Queen to send me a card and a bunch of flowers?”
Prince Philip has since voluntarily surrendered his driving license, a spokesperson from Buckingham Palace confirming: “After careful consideration The Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence.”
Featured Image Credit: PA