Here is what you need to know. Officials from the US and China will kick off two days of negotiations in an attempt to end Trump’s trade war as a critical tariff deadline nears. The two sides remain far apart on the US’s demands for fundamental changes to the Chinese economic model. Google has joined…
Here is what you need to know.
- Officials from the US and China will kick off two days of negotiations in an attempt to end Trump’s trade war as a critical tariff deadline nears. The two sides remain far apart on the US’s demands for fundamental changes to the Chinese economic model.
- Google has joined Apple in probing Saudi app that lets men control where women travel. Google says it will review the app to determine whether it is in line with its policies.
- Apple’s rumored video streaming service reportedly won’t include Netflix. The news comes just a day after a report suggested that Apple is clashing with publishers over terms for the news subscription program it’s allegedly working on.
- A former Apple executive was accused of insider trading by the SEC. Gene Levoff, who was Apple’s senior director of corporate law and corporate secretary until September, is accused of exploiting his positions to unlawfully trade Apple securities ahead of Apple’s quarterly earnings announcements.
- Yelp’s stock is trading higher after the company beat on earnings and revenue. The company said it expected to “exit 2019 with strong revenue growth.”
- Everyone thinks the market’s hottest tech stocks are too expensive — but new research suggests one segment is offering a major bargain right now. Scott Opsal of Leuthold Weeden Capital Management unveils which tech group you should buy.
- Goldman Sachs has a strategy it says you should use to combat a stock-market slowdown. They laid out fundamental reasons why returns are going to be moderate going forward.
- Global equity indexes were mixed. The Hang Seng and Nikkei declined slightly in Asia, while the Euro Stoxx 50 and DAX increased at least 0.2%. S&P 500 futures traded 0.4% higher in the premarket.
- Inflation data is set to be released. Initial jobless claims, PPI, and advance retail sales will come out at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Earnings reports will continue to be released. Coca-Cola, AstraZeneca, Nvidia, and Kraft Heinz are among the companies set to report.