20 mins ago
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Serves: 6
I love this recipe and I like the simplicity of ingredients contrasting with great flavor and elegance. On Sicily as on the Italian mainland, the meal is divided into courses so this would be eaten alone or with a small side dish after pasta.
However, it can be enjoyed with your favorite potatoes and vegetables in season. It is a quick and tasty seabass recipe, perfect for dinner parties. Prepare the crumb mix advance and then oven bake when you sit down for dinner!
6 fillets salmon –pin boned skin on
2 slices brown bread
30g Parmesan/ Cheddar cheese
50g pistachio nuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Place the bread and cheese in the food processor and pulse together until you get a cheese breadcrumb mixture.
2) Add the pistachio nuts and pulse gently so that you get a coarse texture.
3) Remove and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil.
4) Place the crumb mix evenly over each fillet. Press down firmly.
5) Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F / Gas mark 6.
6) Line a tray with baking parchment paper. Add the salmon, drizzle a little oil over the top for a golden coating.
7) Bake for 10 minutes.
8) Serve immediately.