This is an elegant dinner for company, and not hard to do at all. Add wild rice and some green vegetables with this for a completely wonderful meal.
- 6 eggs
- 50ml milk
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 90g plain flour
- 130g finely chopped pistachio nuts
- For the sauce
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 120ml dry white wine
- 120ml chicken stock
- 120ml double cream
- 50g butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon 100% pomegranate juice
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs and the milk. Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, then in egg wash and finally in the chopped pistachios.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Fry the chicken until lightly browned. Place in an earthenware baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, melt butter in a saucepan. Fry shallots until soft. Add cream, white wine, chicken stock, and pomegranate juice. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Place chicken on plates, and pour over the sauce.