Do you remember the feeling when they pick you up on the board in school? Your mouth is drying up, constantly turning left and right and getting butterflies in your stomach. For many, this sensation has become everyday, even after graduating from school. Maybe it’s difficult to even call or ask about the direction of the street. Such shyness is already a problem.
Let me share some tips on how to get rid of your shyness:
- People do not bite and can not read thoughts. When you need something, you have to ask for it. You will see that in most cases people are much more friendly than you think. The more you think about something and you throw around it, the worse it will look.
- Think about the consequences. When you do not act in time, the consequences will not please you. For example, imagine that you need something to do your job, and they’re afraid to ask your boss about it. The consequences will not be pleasant, because it will affect your work. Or imagine that the phone rings and you do not pick it up because it’s a strange number. You later understand that you received a call from the company you applied for. You call them, but they never answer you.
- What’s the worst thing that can happen? The more you wait for something, the more bloody things you are going to think. Finally, you realize that most things you’ve imagined do not happen. If things do not go the way you planned and wanted, what of that? If you are kind enough, then guilt can not be yours. The problem is not with you. If you say “Hello” to a few people on the street, most of them will give you the same. You reap what you sow.
- Understand that life is too short. If you stay home and wait for the perfect woman or man to appear on your door – there’s a lot to wait for. But if you go out and meet new people, you may meet your mate. Lost opportunities are one of the most horrible things in life. It takes a lot of time to forget about what happened and imagine it again and again. The bottom line is that if you do things in time, you will not regret anything.
- Melt the ice. There is a difference between a shy person and a quiet man. But the others who communicate with you hardly make that difference. You will make a much better impression on someone when you meet him, if you are calm and you mess with him without worrying.
- Exit your comfort zone. This can be a very difficult task, but you will see that you will be rewarded generously. Try to do something you never dared to do before. If you are a student, start raising your class. If you work – take the floor at the next conference. Experiments such as these will boost your self-esteem in no time.
Everything is in practice. The more you try to get rid of the shyness, the more self-confident you will become. The more self-confident, the more natural you will behave and it will be nice to be yourself.