Bat Signal will shine over 11 cities to celebrate 80 years of Batman – Metro.co.uk
21 September 2019 NEWS
If you look up in the sky and happen to see the Bat Signal, you know The Caped Crusader is never far away – and 11 cities will get to see that famous sight on Saturday 21 September).
To celebrate 80 years since the first Batman comic was released in 1929, people in 11 cities will be able to see the Bat Signal light up the sky in celebration.
As well as New York,the birthplace of the Batman comics, London, Paris, Berlin and even Melbourne are among the other cities who will get to see it, too.
The Bat Signal will light up at 8pm local time in each of the 11 cities, and is considered a ‘once in a lifetime’ moment.
DC comics said: ‘The glow of the distinctive Bat silhouette will illuminate the edifices of skyscrapers and landmarks around the world in rolling fashion as the sun sets in each city.’
Here’s where you will be able to see the Bat Signal at 8pm on Saturday, 21 September:
- London, UK – Senate House
- Melbourne, Australia – Fed Square facing Flinders Street
- Tokyo, Japan – MAGNET by Shibuya Scramble Crossing
- Berlin, Germany – Potzdamer Platz 11
- Paris, France – Galeries Lafayette
- Barcelona, Spain – Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
- São Paulo, Brazil – Itaúsa
- New York, USA – Domino Sugar Refinery, Brooklyn
- Los Angeles, USA – City Hall
- Montreal, Canada – Complex Dupuis
- Mexico City – Torre Reforma
As well as the Bat Signal, New York will also be turning the Empire State Building’s spire yellow in honour of Batman.
A new Batman movie will also be coming next year, whichsees Robert Pattison take on the iconic characterand will be directed by Matt Reeves.
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visitingour Submit Stuff page– we’d love to hear from you.